What are your New Year Property Resolutions?30 Dec 2016
It’s that time of year again – setting your New Year Resolutions which usually fall by the way side by February (well they do for me at least.)
But what if you set your mind to buying / renting your first home, selling / letting your home or buying an investment property. With some planning and help with my below checklist you could achieve your goals!
RESOLUTION 1 – Buying your first home in 2017.
- Draw up a budget
- Talk to an Independent broker about the amount you can borrow.
- Set a goal of how much deposit you can save each month.
- Make a list of areas & must-have v’s nice to have
- Compare house prices in the area.
- Register with local agents.
- Go to viewings
- When you find the one offer.
RESOLUTION 2 – Selling / Letting your home in 2017
- Make any improvements required
- De – Clutter!
- A lick of paint really makes a difference
- Speak to a local agent and ask for a valuation
- List property for sale/ for let.
RESOLUTION 3 – Buy an Investment Property in 2017
- Decide what your investment is for – yield, growth, pension
- Consider different areas that work best for your interest
- Speak to one of our buy to let specialists – we can suggest good areas, yields, rental figures
- Consider costs involved when buying and once you become a landlord.
- Figure out what you can afford to pay and set a limit/budget.
- Once you have found the right property speak to Fineholm about property management.