Spring has Sprung30 Mar 2017
After a lovely warm weekend and with the clocks changing it really feels that Spring has finally Sprung!
What does that mean in the property world – well generally speaking it means more properties and more buyers. I am constantly looking at various property websites and it does seem that we are finally seeing more properties coming to the market which is great news for both buyers and sellers. Whilst waiting at the school gates or out with friends I am always asked about the property market and when is the best time to sell? In all honesty the market is not as seasonal as it used to be but generally speaking stock levels and number of buyers tend to be higher from April through to June.
After an initial surge in January the market has been a little quieter with fewer properties and fewer sales agreed however over the last two weeks we have seen a change with 10 new instructions and properties going under offer after the first viewing. We are receiving more calls and enquiries in the office and I’m confident this recent activity will continue. If you are going to sell in the next couple of months here are a few tips and pointers for selling:
- Gardens – After winter try and cut your grass and attend to any weeds.
- Windows – Make sure your windows have been cleaned (inside and out)
- Clearance – Whilst doing your Spring Clean why not clear out any old belongings that you no longer need.
- Painting – A fresh coat of paints really does make a difference and gives a great first impression. Please try and not be too boring and stay away from Magnolia!
- Jobs – Attend to any little jobs that are required, old water mark, loose cupboard etc etc. Also ensure all light bulbs are working.
If you are considering selling then now is a great time, the better weather and lighter evenings do make a difference and properties always look more appealing. Please give us a call or email email@example.com to discuss further.